Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How TV pretty much took over my life (and then some) part use

I know I was suppose to talk about Tiger Moms, but I think there's still time to talk about that after all the hype is gone.

It's a Tuesday night, and I'm at home, watching Law & Order SVU. My dog, an American Eskimo, is running around the house like a madman frantically hiding from the big sharks. 6 hours from now, our busy city is gonna be even more busier with 30 cm of snow over it. Too bad there's no such thing as a snow day in the working world.

I didn't have a lot of friends when I was a kid. I was (and still am) an only child with a TV who taught me everything about the outside world. For example, Sesame Street taught me my ABCs in American (I only know my Zees and not my Zeds). I am still cringe when I see the chattering teeth on their old episodes (my mom still taunts me about it). Thankfully, the DQ mascot is only a pair of lips.

TV also taught me not to trust anyone as people always had their hidden agendas to deal with. Especially if the person is too good to be true, they are the most devious of them all.

And the coolest thing of all, cartoon characters never die no matter the cause of injury. Homer fell into the Grand Canyon, hitting each and every jagged edge, and all he had were scratches. Wouldn't life be great if you had the near immorality of Homer Simpson? Do anything you want and only come out of the situation with only some bruise and scratches! I think the world would be full of only stunt people, doctors and insurance adjusters.

Gonna continue to watch SVU which taught me that everyone is innocent until proven guilty (especially when there is insufficient evidence or if evidence has been tampered with).



"I've trusted you for years. What's that got me!"

Tata for now!

Location:Undisclosed location

No comments:

Post a Comment